Saturday, March 29, 2014

Breakfast To Go

Considering we have small children, I honestly can't believe I didn't think of this solution sooner.  Not because they have breakfast on the go but because they like the milk boxes.  We have been looking for healthier options to make sure the Colonel is getting enough to eat on the truck.  Here is the simple solution we came up with for breakfast. 


The Colonel has been taking them for several weeks now.  I wasn't sure it would work since the closest flavor we could find to plain regular milk was vanilla.  The Colonel says it just tastes like sugary milk.  I bought some bowl Tupperware containers with lids that screw on (I think they leak less than the ones that pop on and off) to put the cereal into.  This is a huge money saver for us and I can give him more variety this way, as opposed to buying the prepackaged bowls.  One milk box is enough for one bowl of cereal. 
What are your favorite healthy breakfast options for the truck?

No comments:

Post a Comment