Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Delicious Homemade Strawberry Fruit Rollup

I found this delicious fruit rollup recipe by Fifteen Spatulas on pinterest.  With only 3 ingredients (strawberries, sugar, fresh squeezed lemon juice), it is soooo much better for my kids than the store bought ones.  I love that they are made with real fruit!  Buddy doesn't care for the store bought ones but he absolutely loves these.  They are one of his favorite treats.  Princess likes her store bought ones, but she gets just as excited about these treats.
Since they are somewhat on the time consuming side to make, I've experimented with making a bigger batch.  I found that for the best tasting fruit rollups it is best to only make a double batch at a time.  When making a double batch, I simply cook them on the stove for 20 minutes instead of 10-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment